Well it is good to see that the American War of Independence still lives! Did you know that when General Custer died in the famous battle his body was not mutilated because he had taken an Indian wife and out of respect for him they didn't mutilate the body as they usually did. He was part of their nation. So Len, by being taking an American woman, has become part of the American nation and has the right to wear the Stars and Stripes!
We are waiting for Sue to arrive. We made it in good time from New Mexico. I drove in my usual Paddy Hopkirk style but Henry is obviously a more careful driver and had slower roads to traverse. Once they get here we will head for the Petrified Forest. My only comment on New Mexico is that I want to come back sometime and explore some more. I think another holiday is in order!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hello, sounds like you are still having fun. I have bought a new phone and therefore didn't get your text about the buffalo until later when it had fully charged etc. Sounds like scary stuff!!! I am going to email the blog address to Sam now, and I rang Steve to make sure that him and Pam were keeping an eye on the house and they have my number if there are any problems although I am sure there won't be. I would just like add and clarify that my comments about the shirt had nothing to do with the fact that dad was wearing the Stars and Stripes, I would have made the same comment if it had been the Union Jack, it was just very big and very bright - hope no offence has been caused to anyone!!
Hey! Sounds like you two are in training for Pamplona, Spain and the running of the bulls! Whoa! Did you really get to the West without eating any grits!!!! Now you have missed a real taste treat!
This blog is great fun! Can't wait to hear your comments on the Grand Canyon! Wish we could have met you at some point....You are clearly having fun. Hurrah!
Don't eat Grits!! You have been warned
Hiya Macca,
Why don't you stop spending sooo much time writing all this stuff and spend it holidaying!!!!
Glad you're having a fab time and the weather looks fantastic, it's still raining here, nothing changes! Bondy's still fat, Rubes is still moody, Kathy's still just too organised and I think we're missing you a bit!!
Have fun,
Martin.
You make blogging look so easy - I seem to have to create a new account each time I try to add anyting; no doubt I will have mastered it by the time you get back. As I said in my text, my sympathies are with the buffalo! Look forward to hearing more - think you should walk the next 100 miles to catch up with the amount of food you seem to be consuming. This blog is a foodies absolute joy!
I have a feeling that our "Founding Father's" would question your interpretation of "History" concerning General Custer and his wife.....enough said.
EAT GRITS - IT IS GREAT STUFF - similar to the "sadza" that we ate in Africa as children but stay away from the "fire water" at Caynon DeChelley as it will rot your gut!
Norma
Glad you had a good time at Canyon de Chelly. Did you go down into the Canyon? You don't really say. I sure hope you did.
Thanks Len, for the kind words. I hope we made a good impression!! We did not do anything different than we do with anyone new we meet. Contrary to Carolyn's hype we are ordinary people!!!!
Have a great journey.
Suzanne
Post a Comment