You have to wait for up to date pictures until we can load them on a CD .
We had an awesome journey from Mesquite to Bishop California.
First of all Zion. It is still my favourite canyon and I would happily spend a week there. We took the bus up into the Canyon and then walked along the river to the Narrows. Magical.
Because it was so hot we decided to head for Mesquite stopping first for the most wonderful soup and sandwich at the lodge that has views of the mountains. Sue and Norma will remember which one I mean. It was Clam Chowder - Len's first taste of what was Dad's favourite soup I think.
Mesquite was hot - very very hot - 105 in the shade and 114 on the road. We had to change rooms as the air wasn't working in our room and it felt like being in a sauna.
The drive next day through Las Vegas was fun - what a city, we didn't stop but took loads of pictures. Then we headed for Death Valley. We both felt intimidated by the drive - the storm clouds hovered menancingly over the mountains and the drive up and over and then across the plains was frightening at times. We turned the air con off to make sure we didn't over heat the engine and stopped a couple times to take it all in. I am glad we did it but I won't do it again in summer!
We are in Bishop California just next to the highest mountain in California and it is lovely town. We have had a lie in and will head out later. Len was a little sick in the night but he is recovered now. We only go as far as Bridgeport and will see Mono Lake and Brodie today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sure glad you correted your comment about your lunch at the lodge - I was scratching my head trying to imagine was "soap and sandwich" tasted like!
I remember well our visit to that lovely place.
Norma
Post a Comment