
I thought it was time you heard from the other half!
Crikey! the time is almost here, just a week away from, for me, the journey of of my life, this trip is something I have dreamed of doing ever since I would ride home from the Saturday matinee on my imaginary horse after being spell bound watching Hopalong Cassidy or Roy Rogers either kill or bring the celluloid outlaws in for justice to make them pay for their dirty deeds, pinch me! I am literally days away from visiting the very locations I marveled at as a young boy who wanted to be nothing else but a cowboy. ( Some of you will say that is what I actually grew up to be but that is another story)
Can you believe Carolyn and I will be traveling over two and a half thousand miles sharing the driving (and discussions otherwise known as arguments!) going through towns and cities I have read and heard and even sung about whilst pursuing my love of American country and folk music, and yes we will be singing more than a verse or two of Bobby Troups classic song (Get Your Kicks on ) "Route 66".
The holiday not only gives Carolyn the chance to meet up with some of her family again but also gives me the wonderful opportunity to meet them for myself, Carolyn has told me so much about her family in the two years we have been together that I feel I almost know them already so greeting them personally is going to be an highlight of the journey for me, and of course the icing on the cake (quite literally) will be the marriage of Patrick and Laleh in San Francisco.
Saturday the 23rd of June and I am now counting down!
1 comment:
no point in doing this if you are standing by me. Just to wish both of you the holiday of a lifetime, never to be forgotten for all the right reasons. Enjoy! love and purrs C
Post a Comment